The Breast Cancer and Women’s Health Institute at Tyrone Hospital is sponsoring the area’s first women’s healthy living expo. On today’s show, two of the organizers join us to share the details.
“Women’s Healthy Living Expo”
Saturday, April 26
10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Tyrone Hospital Campus
Free health screenings, prizes and more
More information in the event coordinators: “(Tyrone, PA) The Breast Cancer & Women’s Health Institute of Central Pennsylvania is sponsoring the area’s first Women’s Healthy Living Expo on Saturday, April 26 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Tyrone Hospital campus. This one-day event will encourage women to spend time what they need to live a life that is healthy and to focus on themselves. The programming was designed to address interests and women’s problems like menopause, breast cancer, anxiety, beauty, fitness and nutrition, and a lot more. There is going to be free health screenings offered throughout the day.
The sessions will be lead by some of the region’s leading health experts who’ve designed their presentations specially with this occasion and for the health of women. On top of that, entry and parking is certainly free.
In addition the strong sessions, attendees will have the ability to shop with vendors, all with products and services geared towards girls.
To kick-off the Expo festivities, Olivia Calef, an art student at Penn State, and Dr. David Arbutina, Director of the Breast Cancer & Women’s Health Institute, will unveil a form bronze sculpture that was created by Calef. The sculpture will be placed at the entrance of the Breast Cancer & Women’s Health Institute, which is located . The sculpture ceremony begins at 10 a.m. on Saturday, April 26.
Seminars and presenters are confirmed:
Dr. Arbutina is a board certified surgeon with a focused expertise on breast cancer surgery and has dedicated his career to the successful treatment of breast cancer.
– Kelly Biggs, M.D., will discuss how mammography can efficiently detect abnormalities of the breast. Dr Biggs is the medical director of radiology at Tyrone Hospital.
– George Zlupko, M.D., FCCP will educate girls on the risks of smoking and tobacco use and the most effective ways to kick the habit for good. Dr. Zlupko is the founder of the Lung Disease Center of Central Pennsylvania which contains the Altoona Lung Practitioners and the Sleep Disorder Network. Dr. Zlupko is also Chairman of the Lung Disease Foundation of Central PA.
– Joyelle Scavone of Aqua Salon & Spa will lead a seminar on deciding on the best makeup based on undertone coloring and face structure. As a licensed cosmetologist, she worked in New York City with prestigious salons and has studied.
– Lannette Johnston, MS, BSN, RN, CHC, Certified Registered Nurse Health Coach and Manager of Outreach at Tyrone Hospital, will lead a session about how to reach your ideal state of health including hints for diet, exercise and the way to get motivated and stay on track.
– John McIntosh, Licensed Professional Counselor at the Outpatient Counseling Program of Tyrone Hospital, will direct a seminar on women’s mental health, focusing on anxiety, stress and emotional well being.
– Kyle Hubler, D.O., will be presenting on bone health, specifically how osteoporosis and weak bones can affect women’s well-being.
– Stephen Bisacco, M.D. will prepare women on managing menopause. Dr. Bisacco specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
– Alan Kanouff, D.O., FCCP is presenting about how to get your best night’s sleep. Dr. Kanouff practices at the Altoona Lung Practitioners and Sleep Disorder Network and also specializes in pulmonary disorders.
– David Bozak, D.O. will lead a session on how women can command their back pain. Dr. Bozak is an osteopathic doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation.
– Tyler Hunter, Personal Trainer is directing two sessions on how girls can create a personalized fitness and nutrition program to help
Women attain their optimum level. ”
PROGRAM OF EVENTS:
10:00 a.m. Statue Unveiling
Remaining Strong: Guide to Bone Health
Toning Your Trouble Areas (Demonstrations)
11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Creating Your Own Fitness & Nutrition Program
The Art of Looking Young
Toning Trouble Places (Demonstrations)
12:30 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. Breast Cancer Prevention Boot Camp
Get Your Finest Night’s Sleep
The best way to Control Your Back Pain
Trouble Places that are toning (Demonstrations)
1:30 p.m. – 2:15 p.m. Reaching Your Optimal State of Health
Anxiety Less: Your Mental Health
The Art of Looking Youthful
Toning Trouble Areas (Demonstrations)
2:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Creating Your Own Fitness & Nutrition Plan
Toning Trouble Areas (Demonstrations)
10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Health Screenings: Total Blood Cholesterol, Blood Glucose, Blood Pressure, & Hands Only CPR